CHARLESTON, SC (April 20, 2023) – The South Carolina State softball team suffered a tough setback dropping a pair of non-conference decisions to College of Charleston Wednesday (April 19th) at Patriot Point in Charleston, SC.
South Carolina State falls to 5-26 overall, while College of Charleston improved to 17-24 on the season.
A QUICK LOOK AT GAME 1: SC State 4, College of Charleston 5-FINAL
- A double from K. Hughes in the seventh inning scores the winning run to give College of Charleston the 4-5 victory over the Lady Bulldogs.
- Calloway went two and two-thirds innings, allowing four runs on four hits, striking out one and walking one. DeAsia Lowther came in as relief pitcher for the remainder of the contest. Calloway and Madison Boyd each collected one hit to lead the Lady Bulldogs.
- Kelly lasted four innings, allowing two hits and three runs while striking out four to claim the win for College of Charleston.
A QUICK LOOK AT GAME 2: SC State 0, College of Charleston 1-FINAL
- Kenniyah Miller started as pitcher allowing one run on four hits and striking out two. Marissa Marshall and Madison both collected one hit each to lead SC State.
- Lauren Sandor at pitcher for College of Charleston, surrender zero runs on two hits over seven innings while striking out six and zero walks. A fielder error in the sixth inning garnered an unearned run for the Lady Cougars by Kellie Carter. Sandor pitch a “no-hitter” in the seventh to seal the 0-1 win over the Lady Bulldogs.
UP NEXT: South Carolina State returns to MEAC action on the road in Baltimore, MD this weekend for a three-game series against Morgan State University. First pitch is at 1pm, Saturday, April 22 (double header), while Sunday’s single game is slated for noon.
For complete coverage of SC State Athletics, follow us on social media
@SCStateAthletic (Twitter), SCStateBulldogs (Facebook), and @SCStateAthletics (Instagram), or visit the official home of SC State Athletics at www.scsuathletics.com.